Hip Dysplasia

« Older   Newer »
chrisboxer
view post Posted on 30/9/2011, 23:32

Here is something about HD, I know most of the people on this forum knows what it is about, but on this forum everything can be on one place what involves the Boxer breed.
Also since my German is worse than rusty, this is not from the BK Munchen site.

http://www.tierspital.uzh.ch/Abteilungen/K...n_the_world.pdf

An other link with X-ray photos

www.offa.org/hd_grades.html

Aine (A)
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 09:05

Reducing the Risk of Hip and Elbow Dysplasia
in Large Breed Dogs (2009):

www.lapdog.co.nz/articles/Article_Guth_HD.pdf

Vitamin C and HD - Revisited (2011)
http://www.lapdog.co.nz/articles/Vitamin%2...d_Sy%20Guth.pdf

Some other really interesting articles can be found here aswell: www.lapdog.co.nz/reducehip.php

Klowsberry
view post Posted on 1/10/2011, 09:13

This is a very nice web where you can read -in Spanish- about hip dysplasia and other diseases. If you don't speak Spanish at least there is a table to compare different hip dysplasia scores according to the systems of different countries: http://www.alaskanmalamutes.es/raza/enferm...-displasia.html

markchase
view post Posted on 2/10/2011, 03:49

had a c2 rated as good in america
also a good rated as a1 in germany
there is not a good way to translate eu rating to ofa in america other than sending
xray to be rated in europe.
would rather rating for boxer in germany as there are only approximately 5500 boxers tested in all exams
hips heart and other tests for boxers since 1974.

mark chase

markchase
view post Posted on 26/10/2011, 23:29

I do not care for the stewardship of the boxer in america by the american boxer club and the american kennel club. we can agree that the american kennel club is nothing more than accountants with numberson a sheet of paper that do nothing for the breeds. so long as you put the right numbers in the box you can register puppies.
they have no regulations for breeding other than you pay your fee and the numbers match. no need for health tests. no need for working dogs to pass working exams.

the ofa has a rotating door every 6 months. an new panel of vets will come through the door. in a search of the ofa hip records the grand total from january 1970 to october 2011 is 4604 boxers with hips tested for ofa.
this is a poor showing of breeders who have been in the top 10 most popular breeds in recent years.

BREED 2010 2009 2005 2000
Boxers 7 6 7 9

the last time I searched the records in one month the american boxer produced as many puppies as germany does in one year.

Dr. Silke Viefhues, Bonsenstraße 20, 59229 Ahlen is where all the hips go for examination in germany.
we are lucky enough to be able now to submit our X-rays at 12 months to them as well as the spine at 24 months.

i prefer to have this larger data base and more experienced people with the boxer to examen our X-rays.

i was involved with the american boxers clubs. I use to belong to middlesex boxer club and rhode island boxer club. My ex wife is in the book by billie mcfadden the new boxer. I choose to have a german boxer. I have found them to be healthier, more correct, have the ability to work and fun to have with me at work and at home. there is very little time when I do not have a boxer with me.

I live in new england. I train in new england. I do my best to produce german boxers in america by the standard of origin which would be germany. I think you will be hard pressed to find germans that will take the chance to bring in the health issues of the america boxer to germany.

to date there has not been an american bred dog to do anything of note in germany. this was the hope of the stockmanns when they placed the dogs into america to remove them from the war. in the hopes of bringing their offspring back. it just did not work.

mark chase

markchase
view post Posted on 2/11/2011, 03:22

ok you can like the mission statement but you have to use the service to have it work.
for a breeder of 30 years I could not find one of the dogs from your kennel with hip ratings.
there are ads for your puppies but i can not see and health tests listed.

www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/cb632b77-13c1.aspx

for such an altruistic seeming person one would think you would have been participating in
the health testing and betterment of the boxers in america.

I am just a breeder of 23 years. I have health tested my dogs with ofa, board certified cardiologists, the bk health exams. participated in breed certifications for boxers, endurance tests, schutzhund, and ipo.

for 23 years been walking the walk not just the talk.

mark chase
valhalla boxers
since 1988.

Jawboxen
view post Posted on 2/11/2011, 17:15

I think we can agree to disagree on this forum with out getting personal or insulting others :D

QUOTE (markchase @ 1/11/2011, 21:22) 
ok you can like the mission statement but you have to use the service to have it work.
for a breeder of 30 years I could not find one of the dogs from your kennel with hip ratings.
there are ads for your puppies but i can not see and health tests listed.

www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/cb632b77-13c1.aspx

for such an altruistic seeming person one would think you would have been participating in
the health testing and betterment of the boxers in america.

I am just a breeder of 23 years. I have health tested my dogs with ofa, board certified cardiologists, the bk health exams. participated in breed certifications for boxers, endurance tests, schutzhund, and ipo.

for 23 years been walking the walk not just the talk.

mark chase
valhalla boxers
since 1988.

AdminBoxerNews
view post Posted on 2/11/2011, 21:38

Please chill out, friends!
Try to open another thread if you have personal special discussions on the subject of hip dysplasia in US, otherwise it's difficult to follow the real info in this way.

Thank you!

markchase
view post Posted on 3/11/2011, 02:41

if think were very simply as the diagram
it would work but the nice theory does not i
have boxers with fci hip ratings and ofa ratings
I have seen hips c be rated as ofa good.
I have seen hips rated as ofa good rated
as a1 and b1.

i test my dogs for health hips heart.
I work my dogs for ipo.
i make ad and ztp with my dogs in the usa.

you may wish to argue the papers published on ideas
they are not based in fact.

in the last year there are a total of 156 boxers with ofa evaluations on their
database for hip evaluations.

there are 113 boxers with cardiac exams similar to europe. there are 256 exams total. 143 of the others are done by non cardiologists with or without a echo.

the regulations to require breeders to pass a hip exam or heart exam by a board certified cardiologist with an echo do not exist. that is why we have breeders who produce what we have in the usa. when we have people who do not even participate in a program of health tests in the usa and try to tout the superiority of the tests to those performed by the fci member countries.

the below statement of health testing from those involved in the discussion were fact not an attack.
there is not one elizar boxer listed in any of the ofa exams with a passing grade. now they may have been
submitted and failed. ofa will not publish the failure unless the owner grants the permission to list the result.

again I have my dogs tested here (usa)and there (europe)

form me this is the end of which i want to spend with this topic. continue to believe what you want. I have the results
from both organizations.

mark chase

Blakjaxxx
view post Posted on 11/4/2012, 19:19

Interesting finds...

9 replies since 30/9/2011, 23:17   1139 views